What is QuickAppsCMS¶
QuickAppsCMS is a free open source Content Management System released under GPL license and inspired by most of the popular CMS. It’s quick to setup, quick to configure and extend. QuickAppsCMS is built using modern Open Source libraries and techniques; its core is powered by CakePHP MVC framework.
Basically, there are three groups of users we’ve created QuickAppsCMS for:
- End users: that want to focus mostly on creating and editing contents.
- Designers: that want to create custom markups and change the look & feel of the CMS.
- Developers: who need a system that’s easy to set up and configure, that’s easy to manage and maintain, but is also flexible and versatile.
- Content types: Create and define your own type of contents. (default:
- Field API: EAV system which allows you to define any type of content
- MVC: Clean MVC conventions thanks to CakePHP
- Fully Modular
- Taxonomy: Categorize your content
- Multilingual: Publish contents in multiple languages out of the box.
- Comments: With akismet and captcha support.
- User management: Role-based permission system
- Blocks & regions
- Menu management
- Themes: Backend and Frontend themes are managed separately
- Wysiwyg: Built-in wysiwyg editor and file manager w/ upload capabilities.
- Robust API: Fully documented.
- SEO friendly
- Twitter Bootstrap: Built with Twitter Bootstrap in mind
- RSS feeds: Powered by a great built-in search engine system
- Powerful events system
- Free ...and much more!
Copyright 20014 QuickAppsCMS
QuickAppsCMS is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
QuickAppsCMS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.